Things have been exceptionally busy as I finish up 2017, so forgive the drop in posted book reviews lately. I’m resting up and preparing to hit the ground running in January.
Meanwhile, if you’re looking for some good book gifts to give to a loved one this year, here is my top 5 list from 2017. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and, as always, happy reading!
- “The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo” – For those who like to feel every emotion, this one will make you smile and cry, all the roller coaster of emotions and the profound truths about love.
- “Big Little Lies” – yes this one was a hugely popular HBO series (with the recent announcement that Season 2 is in the works!), but trust me. The book is so much better! If you like to dabble on the naughty list, this one’s for you.
- “The Memory of Us” – for those who like to reflect during this time of year, here’s one filled with hope and second chances. For those who like heartwarming stories by the fire.
- “Last Days of Night” – fascinating look into the first U.S. patent wars and how they determined how we flip switches today. It seems a movie of this book featuring Eddie Redmayne is in the works, but no info on when it might be released. Read this one if you want to entertain dinner guests with interesting historical tidbits.
- “17 Carnations” – Perfect for “The Crown” (tv show on Netflix) enthusiasts. If you want a better understanding of why the British monarchy felt so remote and unfeeling in the days before Princess Diana, get the backstory on the abdication Edward VIII and the highly questionable things he and his duchess were up to during WWII.